Friday, August 10, 2007

Foot and Mouth

Day one saw an early riser as I had to be in Shannon for a 7am flight. When I got there I ended up going on a different flight as my flight was delayed somewhere over the atlantic in a traffic jam or something, I won't go into details. So I arrived in Dublin early and half way down an escalator I spotted that they're were mats put down for the foot and mouth thing and a big sign telling everyone about the outbreak in England. The guy in front of me was shuffling around a bit before he leaped clean over the mats. I asked him what he was doing and he said that he didn't want to get his new shoes dirty! Deadly serious! He then made a remark I will not forget. ''Sure, humans can't get foot and mouth anyway.''

I met up with Fi and Rich in Dublin airport and we boarded the 12.15 flight to Dubai. The flight was alright, the usual Aerlingus shite. The hostesses looked like they didn't want to be there. It was a scorching 47 degrees when we landed at 10.30pm. Met Liz and Natasha going through customs and headed back to their apartment for the night.

No comments: